- To advance SIU to the forefront of the nation in medical education innovation & research
- To foster the collaboration of faculty from all disciplines to the benefit of the organization, as well as provide a support network for people who choose to work in medical education
- To provide evidence-based information that will inform and improve SIU’s medical school curriculum
- To recognize and reward excellence in teaching and evaluation, educational research, educational leadership, and the development of enduring educational materials.
Meet the Director
Dr. Suh is a Co-Director of Professional Development at cHOP as well as the Director of the Academy for Scholarship in Education at SIU School of Medicine.
He earned a Ph.D. in Learning, Leadership, and Organization Development at the University of Georgia. He holds a master’s degree in Nonprofit Organizations and a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Before, he worked with World Vision Korea as a corporate strategy manager and also worked with LG Electronics as an overseas marketing manager.
- Medical Education Workshop Series for Faculty, Learner and Staff Development
- Multi-institutional Faculty Development Programs
- Annual Teaching and Learning Symposium
- Problem Based Workshop
- Collaboration and Consultation on Teaching, Education Research and Program Evaluation
- Department of Medical Education at SIU
- Center for Human and Organizational Potential (cHOP) at SIU
- Central Group on Education Affairs (CGEA) at AAMC
- Rush University, Rosalind Franklin University and SIU Collaboration
- University of Illinois Springfield (UIS)