Structural Heart Disease for Primary Care Providers
Saturday, October 6, 2018 - 7:15am to 5:30pm
Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation, 228 W Miller Street, Springfield, IL
This one-day event aims to provide primary providers, advanced practice providers and residents in training with a concise
review of the latest updates in the diagnosis, expected work-up and indications for contemporary percutaneous (nonsurgical)
management of structural heart conditions including severe aortic stenosis, presence of patent foramen ovale, severe mitral
valve stenosis/regurgitation and stroke-risk reduction nonvalvular atrial fibrillation, with an ultimate aim to improve outpatient
identification of these conditions, optimal monitoring and patient care.
Educational offerings include a mix of topics, case-based presentations and panel discussions
- Understanding and identifying patients with severe aortic stenosis, current treatment modalities
- Overview of TAVR for the treatment of severe aortic stenosis
- TAVR behind the scenes: what to expect from the time that your patients are diagnosed until post-treatment follow up visits
- What’s new about patent foramen ovale, atrial septal defects
- Atrial ﬁbrillation and stroke risk reduction
- Alternative stroke risk reduction for atrial ﬁbrillation patients intolerant to blood thinner
- Identifying patients that will beneﬁt from transcatheter mitral valve repair/replacement
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND - This conference is designed for general practitioners (internal medicine and family practice),
residents, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, general cardiologists, cardiology fellows, nurses, and other interested healthcare professionals..
- This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Nurses may receive up to 7.75 contact hours for completing this activity.
- Credit information for other health care professionals is detailed in the conference brochure.
Questions? Contact the Office of Continuing Professional Development at 217-545-7711 or email@example.com.
SIU Events for Faculty and Staff, Resident and Fellow, Student