My primary responsibilities include pursuing individual and collaborative research in human papillomavirus (HPV), HPV-associated cancers, and in cancer disparities; as well as providing education and mentoring to medical students, residents and fellows.
Dr. Adjei Boakye uses a transdisciplinary lens in examining cancer epidemiology and population health outcomes (social determinants of health). His work cuts across the spectrum of cancer prevention and control, early detection, survivorship, and health disparities. Dr. Adjei Boakye’s research 1) seek to investigate population-based knowledge and risk factors associated with the human papillomavirus (HPV), HPV-associated head and neck cancer, and HPV vaccine, 2) focus on early detection by examining social determinants of health, health disparities, cancer health outcomes and cancer screening, and 3) focus on improving survivorship among cancer survivors and their caregivers.
Dr. Adjei Boakye is author or co-author of more than 70 peer-reviewed journal articles. He has published and served as an ad-hoc reviewer for many prominent journals, such as Journal of Clinical Oncology, JAMA Oncology, JAMA Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Cancer, and American Journal of Preventive Medicine. His abstracts have been presented at the annual meetings of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), American Society of Preventive Oncology (ASPO), American Head and Neck Society (AHNS), and Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC). Dr. Adjei Boakye is an active member of ASCO, AACR, ASPO, and The International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR).
Education & training
- 2020 Article selected as one of the best articles published in JAMA Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- 2018 Travel Awards: 23rd International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) Annual International Meeting, Baltimore, MD
- 2017 Travel Awards: Tenth Annual AACR Conference on the Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Under-served, Atlanta, GA
- 2016 Travel Awards: 21st International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) Annual International Meeting, Washington DC
- 2015 Travel Awards: Eighth Annual AACR Conference on the Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Under-served, Atlanta, GA
- 2015 Fellowship – College of Public Health and Social Justice, Saint Louis University
- 2012 Mayo Clinic Quality Fellows Silver Certified
- 2010 Mayo Clinic Quality Fellows Bronze Certified