Education & training
1. Linson E. Down the mountain we go: ideation and execution of a stand-alone anemia management clinic. The Dartmouth Symposium on Health Care Delivery Science. April 2016. Hanover, NH.
2. Fang M, Linson E, Kuperman E, Suneja M. Impact of resident workload reduction on a medical consultation rotation. Society of General Internal Medicine Annual Meeting poster presentation. May 2016. Hollywood, FL.
3. Doelle G, Fraer M, Fruhling R, Linson E, Ridley J, Syrop C. Chronic disease: centering support for patients with diabetes. Institute for Healthcare Improvement 27th Annual National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care storyboard presentation. December 2015. Orlando, FL.
4. Chung E, Glenn K, Kamath A, Linson E, Johnson M, Smock J, Kuperman E. Multidisciplinary care team on reduction of LOS in observation patients admitted to general internal medicine. Society of General Internal Medicine Annual Midwest Meeting poster presentation. August 2015. Cleveland, OH.
5. Fang M, Noiseux N, Linson E, Cram P. The effect of advancing age on total joint replacement outcomes. Geriatric Orthopaedic Surgery & Rehabilitation 2015; 6(3): 173-179.
6. Linson E, Fraer M. Conception to implementation of a self-management model for diabetes. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics 3rd Annual Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Symposium: The Quest for Value workshop. April, 2015. Iowa City, IA.
7. Wickersham A, Salehi H, Pennathur P, Linson E, Are C, Kamath A. Smartphones in the improvement of inter-professional communication. Society of Hospital Medicine Annual Meeting poster presentation. March 2015. National Harbor, MD.
8. Linson, EL. A systems approach to negotiation. The Society of General Internal Medicine Forum 2014; 37(5): 13.
9. Linson, EL. How to get to yes! A strategy of negotiation for physicians. The Society of General Internal Medicine Forum 2013; 36(2): 9.
10. Current issues and trends concerning the athlete hernia: management and rehabilitation of the athlete hernia, National Athletic Trainers’ Association Annual Meeting & Symposium presentation. June 2008. St. Louis, MO.
11. Cost containment: healthcare partnerships. Southeastern Conference Sports Medicine Seminar invited presentation. April, 2008. Opelika, AL.
12. Addressing secondary school athletic healthcare & coverage. Arkansas 86th General Assembly Legislative Task Force hearing testimony. February, 2008. Little Rock, AR.
13. A 2‐year series of lateral meniscal cases in football players at the University of Arkansas. Southeastern Conference Sports Medicine Committee Annual Meeting presentation. April, 2007. Opelika, AL.
14. The policy & procedure manual revisited. Southeastern Conference Sports Medicine Committee Annual Meeting presentation. May, 2005. Opelika, AL.
15. Emergency care…of the spine injured athlete: emergency action planning and heat‐related illnesses. Arkansas Emergency Medical Technicians’ Association Annual Conference invited presentation. April, 2005. Hot Springs, AR.
Society of Hospital Medicine 2014 – 2015 -Award for Excellence in Hospital Medicine for Non-Physicians Finalist for advancing the interface between care and where the provider meets in managing the practice lives of a 40 hospitalist academic group.
UIHC Department of Nursing Services and Patient Care May 2013 - Certificate of Recognition for improved care delivery through system changes co-leading an ideal discharge experience work group and the development of a discharge checklist.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics July 2012 - Making a Difference recipient recognition by nomination from the Chief Nursing Officer for contributions in support of the organization’s service excellence and quality performance goals
University of Iowa College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine January 2012 Exceptional Performance Award - For successfully on-boarding 21 new physicians tripling the size of the hospitalist program.
Arkansas Athletic Trainers’ Association April 2004 - Arkansas Athletic Trainer of the Year recipient in recognition of providing exceptional direct patient-athlete care, supporting the professional development of students and promoting the profession locally and regionally.
National Athletic Trainers’ Association June 2001 - First co-recipient recognition for Outstanding Public Relations Efforts during Athletic Training Awareness Month; activities included organizing a stakeholder luncheon that resulted in a series of television and newspaper features