Shareware is software that is not sold like commercial software but might not be free. You must read and follow the license agreement guidelines that are included with each shareware product.
- About Time version 4.8- a network time protocol (NTP) for syncing your computer's time with external time servers. WinXP has this feature built into the operating system.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing PDF files.
- EpiInfo for epidemiologists and other public health and medical professionals to rapidly develop a questionnaire or form, customize the data entry process, and enter and analyze data.
- FTP Clients for transferring files between machines such as HTML files to the Web Server.
- HP DesignJet 500 Printer -
The HP DesignJet 500 is a large format (E size) printer/plotter that is
made available by the Springfield Medical Library via the Springfield
campus network. This service is included with the Library's copy service. Departments wanting to access the large format printer must establish an account with the Library Business Office.
- PuTTY a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Win32 and Unix platforms - required for accessing any centrally supported SIU School of Medicine UNIX servers (encrypts data).
- Quicktime for viewing digital media on the web.
- TN3270 for connecting to computers which
use IBM 3270 terminals such as the mainframe system.
- Virtual Network Computing (VNC) for remote administration of computers.
(See SIU-SM LAN Administrator Support)
- WinZIP for Windows 2000/XP- for compressing or decompressing files in the .zip format. This product has a 21 day test period and requires purchase after this time.
February 16, 2012