Secure File Transfer Server
The SIU School of Medicine Department of Information Resources, in cooperation with the Associate Dean for Research and Faculty Affairs, offers a Secure File Transfer Server, which allows SIUMED users to securely transmit files to internal and external users via a web-based interface. Handling file transfers with a dedicated device allows users to exchange large files regardless of email system limitations. SIUMED users can transmit files to any internal or external user; external users can transmit files only to registered SIUMED users. Senders receive a download receipt whenever a file is downloaded by the recipient.
When to use (restricted to SIU-related educational, research, and business use)
- To exchange files greater than 5Mb when shared file space is not available
- When file exchanges are restricted by senders' or recipients' electronic mail system
- When secure transfer of file is required
- Files are automatically deleted after 30 days
- External user accounts expire after 21 days.