The Medical Library's Phase 3 Re-engagement Plan
The SIU Medical Library will re-open on June 1st with 50% of staff working on-site and 50% working remotely. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and SIU Medicine's Phase 2 Reengagement Plan, the Library has implemented the following changes to support our students, faculty, and staff:
- The Library will continue to be closed to the public and visitors. Patrons may be asked to present their SIU Medicine ID.
- Library hours will be Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. The Quiet Study Space will be re-opened during these times.
- Reference requests will continue virtually. Please e-mail email@example.com with questions/requests.
- Circulation requests will continue primarily virtually. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/requests. The circulation staff will pull items and e-mail you when you can pick them up. Items will be on a book truck when you enter the library.
- Circulation returns should be placed in the book drop outside the Library (4th floor stairwell). Items should not be returned at the desk.
- The CAVE is closed, unless a patron is working on a project solely independently. Social distancing cannot be maintained in the space and the room must be sanitized after each use. Requests to use the CAVE will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis until further notice.
- Interlibrary Loan Requests and Mediated Photocopying will continue. Please note many libraries throughout the state remain closed, limiting our ability to process requests. We will do our best to obtain the requested material.
- Computer usage will conform to social distancing requirements in both the open area and training room.
- Plexiglass panels, masks, and hand sanitizer will be used by Medical Library staff. Plexiglass will encompass the circulation/reference desk area. Masks will be available to patrons when you walk in the door.
- Please be patient while we implement changes to our workflow and environment. We are doing our best to accommodate everyone while keeping them safe!
- Questions can be sent to Taran Ley, Director at email@example.com