The Damaged Item Policy outlines Library patron responsibility for items borrowed from the Medical Library..
- Library patrons assume all responsibility for borrowed library items until they have been returned.
- The Medical Library reserves the right to charge fees for damages incurred to library materials while borrowed.
- Damaged item fees are determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary according to the extent of the damage, the item’s replacement cost, the item’s usage history, as well as other factors.
- In some cases, patrons may be able to provide a replacement copy of an item in lieu of paying a fee.
- Replacement copies must be in new or very good condition (no markings, highlighting, tears, loose pages, stains, mold, etc.) and be the same edition or newer as the damaged item.