In 2014, SIU Medicine established a regional office to provide service to the western region of Illinois. The office is housed within the Graham Health System E.P. Coleman Office Building in Canton. The western region includes Adams, Brown, Calhoun, Cass, Fulton, Greene, Hancock, Henderson, Jersey, Logan, Macoupin, Mason, McDonough, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan, Pike, Schuyler, Scott and Warren counties.
Western Region Initiatives
- Health Career Exploration Programming - This area of SIU Medicine service is dedicated to providing exposure to and deeper understanding of a variety of professions in the health field for young, usually high school-aged people. Programs are designed to spark excitement about prospective futures in a health profession, illuminate the steps to joining the ranks of the various health professionals, and to cultivate plans towards achieving professional goals. Programs tap the local field of health professionals to share their stories, and use interactive learning sessions to fuel an invigorating experience. Existing programs include:
- Fulton County Health Career Opportunities (FCHCO)
- John Wood Community College JDUB Academy (This is hyperlinked on the SIU Med webpage)
- McDonough County Health Career Opportunities (MCHCO)
- Springfield Pathways Day
- Western Illinois Counties Alliance (WILCA) - An SIU Dept. of Family and Community Medicine initiative, five western Illinois county health department administrators meet to discuss issues affecting their region.
SIU Medicine/Graham Health System Learning Lab – a space established for community events, social services collaboration, and youth education outreach. For inquiries and to reserve the space click here.
Office of Regional Programs
175 S Main Street | E.P. Coleman Building
Canton, IL 61520