Recommended twin-related websites:
- This group is a support group for families of multiples in the Southern Illinois area. They meet monthly at Heartland Regional Medical Center in Marion, IL. Visit their web page for more information.
- It serves twins, their families, the media, medical and social scientists and the general public through its publications, its national Twin Registry and its multi-media resource center.
- The Illinois Organization of Mothers of Twins Club, Inc. (IOMOTC) was founded in 1962 as an Illinois non-profit, educational, public service organization for mothers of twins and higher order multiple birth children. IOMOTC provides support, information, and networking services to parents of twins and higher order multiples through its member club affiliates.
- Twins and their families were identified for the registry by using publicly available birth records, public driver's license information, and through public and private school records. This information was made available only for the purpose of medical research.
- Twins Magazine is the only international publication dedicated to parents of multiples and their unique parenting needs. It provides practical parenting advice, informative features, touching personal accounts, the latest research findings and developmental data specific to multiples aged birth to 6.
- To initiate the process of establishing a nation-wide twin registry by starting as a volunteer register and working towards a population based register, to compliment and supplement current teaching and research activities undertaken in Sri Lanka, in the field of Social, Genetic and developmental research.
- Twin Services was started by parents of twins in 1978 to give twin families and health and family service providers a professional resource for information, advice and moral support to help them raise healthy, happy children.
- ISTS is an international, nonpolitical, nonprofit, multidisciplinary scientific organization. Its purpose is to further research and public education in all fields related to twins and twin studies, for the mutual benefit of twins and their families and of scientific research in general.