Dr. Selinfreund, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Cell Biology at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. His research interest focuses on developing clinical biomarkers and treatment for Metabolic Disease.0
He received his doctorate at New Mexico State University, at the National Flow Cytometry Resource Facility. His studies centered around the role of growth factors on cancer. Following his doctoral studies, he completed a fellowship in Molecular Pathology at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Vanderbilt University, and Yale School of Medicine.
Dr. Selinfreund is a co-inventor on over 30 U.S. and International patents with colleagues across the United States. Currently, defending a patent case in front of the S. Korean and European patent examiners. Hobbies include kayaking, canoeing, and camping.
Education & training
06/19/19 - Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Faculty Research Award for medical student training grant ($14K)
11/05/21 - SIU-MED Clinical Trials in Human Nutrition Studies & Advanced Medical Student Education ($50K)
- Glucose beverage comprising exogenous flavor source and color. Application WO2018/075618A1 Paul Breslin, Richard Selinfreund, Priority 2016- 10-18 Filling 2016-10 Publication 2015-10-18
- Nut shell coatings for improved processing and storage; Application W02016210310A1 Richard Selinfreund, Priority 2015-06-24, Filing 2016-06, Publication 2015-12-29
- Compositions and methods for improving diagnosis, Application W02014062819A1, Richard H. Selinfreund, Priority 2012-10-16, Filing 2013-10-16, Publication 2014-04-24
- Methods of determining stabilization compounds for predictive biomarkers, Application US20140155282A1 Companion Diagnostics, Inc., Priority 2010-02-10, Filing 2013-06-06, Publication 2014-06-05
- Devices and washes for biomarker stabilization, Application W02012078260A1, Richard H. Selinfreund Companion Diagnostics Inc., Priority 2010-10-28, Filing 2011-10-28, Publication 2012-06-14
- Biological and chemical test media and system, Application US20120065896A1, Richard H. Selinfreund, Priority 2007-12-04, Filing 2011-09-21, Publication 2012-03-15