The SCRIHS Advisory Panel (AP) provides advice and guidance to the SCRIHS Chair, Staff and IRB members. The AP gathers and oganizes information that require notification and/or approval of the convened IRB.
Members include the Chair, Vice Chair(s), MMC representative, SJH representative, SIU-SOM General Counsel, Center for Clinical Research (CCR) faculty member, and IRB Coordinator.
- The AP meets at least once per month, or more frequently, if necessary, to review and discuss IRB issues and other administrative matters that arise between convened IRB meetings
- The AP reviews and makes recommendations to the SCRIHS Chair and/or the Committee regarding:
- Interpretation of OHRP and FDA guidance and regulatory requirements (current and new)
- SCRIHS Policies and Procedures
- Potential noncompliance issues
- Potential local concerns
- Gathers information and conducts inquiries when needed
- Evaluates committee member participation and performance
- Evaluates and makes recommendations concerning the SCRIHS IRB roster