Sohail Siddique, M.D. is an assistant professor and Division Chief of Urogynecology, specializing in female urology, pelvic floor dysfunction, uriniary inconotinence, fecal incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Dr. Siddique has joint appointments in OB/GYN and Urology. He joined SIU after serving as the Assistant Program Director for the Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Dr. Siddique served as an officer in the U.S. Navy and his last assignment was a combat tour in Afghanistan for which he received a Meritorious Service Medal.
- Board Certified
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Female Urology
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Urinary and Fecal Incontinence
400 N 9th St, Springfield, IL 62702
301 N 8th St, Springfield, IL 62701
Education & training
- Feng AS, Hall, JC, Siddique S. Coding of temporal parameters of complex sounds by frog auditory nerve fibers. Journal of Neurophysiology, 1991;65(3): 424-45.
- Clarkson CP, Siddique SA, Magann EF, Morrison JC. Hematological complications of Gaucher’s disease in pregnancy. Military Medicine. 1998;163(7): 499-501
- Siddique SA. Vaginal anatomy and physiology. Journal of Pelvic Medicine and Surgery. 2003;9(6):263-72.
- Handa VL, Pannu HK, Siddique S, Gutman R, VanRooyen J, Cundiff G. Architectural differences in the bony pelvis of women with and without pelvic floor disorders. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2003;102:1283-90
- Handa VL, Harvey L, Cundiff GW, Siddique SA, Kjerulff KH. Sexual Function among women with urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;191(3); 751-6
- Fitgerald MP, Richter HE, Siddique S, Thompson P, Zyczynski H, Weber A for the Pelvic Floor Disorders Network. Colpocleis: a review. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2006;17(3): 261-71.
- Gutman RE, Pannu HK, Cundiff GW, Melick CF. Siddique SA, Handa VL. Anatomic relationship between the vaginal apex and the bony architecture of the pelvis: a magnetic resonance imaging evaluation. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005;192(5) 1544-8
- Siddique SA, Gutman RE, Schon Ybarra MA, Rojas F, Handa VL. Relationship of the uterosacral ligament to the sacral plexus and to the pudendal nerve Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2006;17(6):642-5.
- Zahn CM, Siddique S, Hernandez S, Lockrow EG. Anatomic comparison of two transobturator tape procedures. Obstet Gynecol. 2007;109(3): 701-6
- Burnett TL, Garza-Cavazos A, Groesch K, Robbs R, Diaz-Sylvester P, Siddique SA. Location of the Deep Epigastric Vessels in the Resting and Insufflated Abdomen. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2016 Apr 19. pii: S1553-4650(16)30040-1. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2016.04.002. [Epub ahead of print]
2013 AAGL Fund for the future fellow grant $20,000, MIS fellow development grant
2014 AAGL Fund for the future fellow grant $5,000, MIS fellow development grant
2014-17 Astellas Scientific Medical Affairs, Inc., Kevin McVary (Principal Investigator)
Title: Myrbetriq (Mirabegron) to Improve Disordered Sleep in Subjects with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
The goal of this investigator initiated, industry funded project is to analyze the
effectiveness of Mirabegron for the improvement of sleep disturbance in patients
suffering from LUTS via an exploratory pilot investigation.
Role: Sohail Siddique Co-Investigator
- CREOG National Faculty Award 2012 for excellence in resident education
- Meritorious Service Medal 2008 for service in Nuristan, Afghanistan
- Navy Commendation Medical 1997
- General Assembly Scholarship 1994