For an appointment, call 217-545-8000 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or request an appointment online by going to www.siuhealthcare.org and select the link Request/Cancel an Appointment on the right side of the page.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Be prepared to provide necessary information including legal name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, employment, insurance and any required co-payments. You must now also present a photo ID.
- Be prepared to offer documentation, such as insurance card and address of insurance company; IDPA card, list of prescription or over-the-counter medications being taken, and managed care referral information if applicable.
- Worker’s compensation information must be presented in advance of an appointment for prior approval.
- Patients may also be required to bring medical records, X-rays, MRI, and laboratory reports. New patients will receive a brochure and map, instructions, appointment date and time prior to their appointment.
All patients will receive an automated appointment reminder call two days prior to their appointment. Patients are asked to notify SIU at 217-545-8000 at least 24 hours in advance if they cannot keep their scheduled appointment. Missing more than two appointments without notifying our office may results in the patient being terminated from our medical practice.
Clinic office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with a reduced schedule during holidays. A physician is available 24 hours a day for emergencies and may be reached after office hours and on weekends by calling our answering service at 217-545-8000. The answering service will contact your physician or the physician on call and you will be contacted as soon as possible. For true medical emergencies, go directly to the nearest emergency department or call 911.
Nurse calls during day
Your telephone call is important to us. The SIU Call Center will be happy to assist you in any way possible. If your nurse is unavailable, a message will be sent to him or her and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Refills can be made by calling your pharmacy who will contact our office with necessary information. Prescriptions will be refilled within a 24-hour time frame. No prescriptions will be refilled outside of normal business hours.
Note: Because your nurse must access your medical record and confer with your physician before calling the pharmacy, patients should call 24 hours prior to needing additional medication.