Clinical Trials Training Course (7 hours)
Designed to provide clinical research education with a primary focus on administrative aspects of sponsored clinical trials. Supplements required IRB training. Intended for research staff and investigators with limited formal training.
Good Clinical Practice Training Course (3 hours):
Designed to provide clinical research education relating to Good Clinical Practice (GCP), which sets the standards for design, conduct, monitoring and reporting of clinical research. Facilitates online GCP training. Scheduled for research teams, divisions, or investigators upon request.
Clinical Research Orientation (12 hours):
Includes eight 1.5 hour training sessions. These sessions include training on clinical research, human subject protection, source documentation, IRB responsibilities, industry sponsored studies, study start up to close-out, time management, and working in the hospitals.
Clinical Research Methods (22-28 hours):
Includes twelve 2 hour training sessions. These sessions include training on clinical research, the research process, research questions, critical review of research articles, gathering the literature & electronic database search, qualitative & quantitative research, study designs, data analysis, research findings, and developing a clinical research project proposal.
Research Educational Opportunities
1 Hour Lecture Topics
- CCR STATS 101: Explanation of Journal Statistics
- Clinical Research: What-Why-How
- Stats and Diagnostic Testing
- Basic Stats and Research Design
- Clinical Epidemiology Terms and Use
- Is it Research or Is it Quality Improvement
- Evaluating Processes or Outcomes of Care Using National Databases
- Writing Case Reports
- Bioethics Human Experimentation
Other SIUSOM Education:
- Human Subjects Research Training – Online CITI module (SCRIHS)
- Conflict of Interest Training – Online CITI module (SCRIHS)
- Responsible Conduct in Research Workshop (8 weeks offered every other year)
- Grant Writing Workshop (8 weeks offered every other year)
- Using Software that Supports Research: An Introduction to the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS and Altas.ti)
Research educational opportunities and training courses are available upon request by your department chair.