COVID-19 Testing Sites for October
SIU Medicine will continue regular COVID-19 testing for the Springfield community in October.
On Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, the testing operation will continue to be hosted by Abundant Faith Christian Center located at 2525 Taylor Ave.
- Mondays: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
On Fridays, the testing operation is hosted by other area congregations. October dates include the following times and locations.
- October 9: 9:00 a.m. – noon at Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 1601 E. Laurel
- October 16: 9:00 a.m. – noon at Holy City Missionary Baptist Church, 1601 E. Carpenter
- October 23: 9:00 – noon at Faith Temple AME Church, 901 S. 23rd
- October 30: 9:00 – noon at Word and Spirit Worship Center, 2105 E. Reservoir
All SIU Medicine COVID-19 testing sites are closed on Wednesdays.
Before heading out for a test, please wait at least four days from a possible exposure to get the most accurate test result and quarantine at home until a result has been given. If you have taken a test with SIU Medicine location at the Sangamon County Department of Public Health or if you plan to be tested at the new SIU Medicine location, please visit this site for more information: www.siumed.org/covidtest
The mission of SIU School of Medicine is to optimize the health of the people of central and southern Illinois through education, patient care, research and service to the community. SIU Medicine, the health care practice of the school of medicine, includes clinics and offices with more than 300 providers caring for patients throughout the region.