Staci Becker, RN, MSN
Research Instructor, Nurse Educator for Psychiatry Clerkship
Research Interests & Projects
- Nurses in medical education
- Curriculum design
- Technology in education
Teaching Interests & Activities
- Responsible for providing and enhancing educational experiences of medical students.
- Serve as advisor to medical students.
- Train students in clerkship-related clinical skills.
- Develop, design and administer patient problem simulations in multiple formats (standardized patients, paper simulations, computer simulations).
- Develop, design and administer performance-based assessments.
- Score clinical assessments and provide feedback to students on their interview skills.
- Developed Required Patient Encounter Card (RPE) to ensure all students are exposed to similar psychiatric illness during clerkship.
- Monitor student progress in meeting RPE requirements.
- Conduct individual midterm meetings to gauge progress and student needs.
M.S., Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, 1998 , B.S., Nursing, St. John's College, Springfield, 1995
- Association of Academic Psychiatry (AAP)
- Faculty/Administrative Grievance Committee 2008-present