The Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology (MMICB) is dedicated to discovery-based, cutting-edge research that contributes to innovative advances in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of medical diseases. The pursuit of these advances requires significant financial support for reagents and equipment to perform the experiments. In addition, the promise for future medical advances relies on the training of our next generations of biomedical researchers. Your financial support will help MMICB continue to provide the hope that research brings for current and future patients – every gift makes a difference! Some examples of what donations can support include:
- $250 - helps sponsor a student to present their research at a national science meeting.
- $500 - helps support travel for collaborative efforts with external research laboratories.
- $1000 - helps offset in-house facility expenses for common procedures such as gene expression analyses, imaging of cells and tissue samples, isolation of unique cell types from samples.
- $2500 - helps purchase routine research reagents for a student’s project ~3 months.
- $5000 - provides support for large-scale exploratory gene expression studies and data analyses that could lead to new discoveries.
- $10,000 or more – provides support for vital research equipment purchases in the Department, provides partial scholarship support for graduate students for a year.
Options for endowed naming rights of research initiatives and training programs in MMICB are possible. Please contact us to discuss these options.
Your contribution enhances SIU School of Medicine’s mission to assist the people of central and southern Illinois in meeting their health care needs through education, research, patient care, and service to the community.
Giving to the MMICB is easy, safe and cost-effective via the SIU Foundation secure server.
- Visit the SIU Foundation (https://www.siumed.edu/foundation/giving.html)
- Type “Medical Microbiology and Immunology” as your program to support and use the comments block if you wish to specify a specific use for your donation.
- Contact Dr. Donald Torry, with any questions or special requests for donations.
Thank you for your support!