February 2019 Civil Service Employee of the Month
The Civil Service Employee of the Month for February 2019 is Melissa Smock, Medical Education Program Specialist, in the Office of Education and Curriculum.
Her nominator said: “Melissa is cheerful, friendly, reliable, professional, dedicated, organized and willing to go the extra mile. She is proactive in learning new tasks and in expanding her skills. She is a self-starter and works well independently. She anticipates upcoming annual events and prepares for these events while completing daily assignments. She interacts well with others in a professional and friendly manner and is an asset to the Office of Education and Curriculum."
Melissa answered some questions for our profile.
1. How long have you worked at the School? 12.5 years.
2. What do you like best about your job? I enjoy working with the medical students and standardized patients.
3. “I highly recommend …” Taking life one day at a time.
4. Describe yourself in three words. Honest, outgoing, dependable.
5. I was born and raised in…Ashland
6. My family includes…my boyfriend, Chris, my son, Tyler and my daughter, Nataley.
7. My favorite thing to do away from work is…Spend time with my family, friends and watch my children play in extracurricular activities. My son plays football, basketball and baseball and my daughter plays volleyball and softball.
8. My motto for living is…It’s better to look back on life and say ‘I can’t believe I did that,’ than to look back and say ‘I wish I did that.’
9. The last good show I saw was …Eric Church in concert.
10. My favorite flavor of ice cream is…vanilla with chocolate and caramel syrup.
11. My dream vacation is…somewhere on a beach.