|Hours||8:00 AM-4:30 PM|
This service is available to all faculty, staff, students, and residents of the School of Medicine. Work related materials not owned by the Medical Library may be borrowed from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan.
Article / Book Chapter
If the material is not owned by the SIU Medical Library, use the Article/Book Chapter Request Form.
- Interlibrary loan response time depends on the availability and supplier of the item. Article requests are generally filled within 72 hours. Materials are sent via email unless otherwise noted.
- For patient care emergencies and other urgent situations, the Medical Library can obtain articles on a rush basis.
- IF THIS REQUEST REQUIRES SPECIAL HANDLING (RUSH/URGENT) PLEASE CONTACT INTERLIBRARY LOAN AT 545-2124 OR CIRCULATION AT 545-2122
Books / Media
Books or media available from another I-Share Library must be requested using a personal I-Share account:
- Interlibrary loan response time depends on the availability and supplier of the item.
- Book requests can take up to 10 days.
- Books must be picked up at the Medical Library.
For books or media is not owned by the SIU Medical Library or an I-Share library use the Book/Media request Form:
Interlibrary Loan Policy
Users are responsible for overdue or lost book charges incurred for materials borrowed from another library.
For materials owned by SIU School of Medicine - Library Mediated Copy Service is available only to departments that have subscribed to the service..
The Library currently supports service charges or fees incurred in obtaining items from other sources, with the following exception:
The cost of requests that exceed copyright guidelines and require payment of a royalty fee to a publisher will be charged back to the requester. Prior approval and fiscal authorization will be obtained before the document is ordered.
We do not loan outside the continental United States.
CDs and DVDs do not circulate with books.
Interlibrary loan services are also provided to other libraries in the state, region, and country, in accordance with the ILL fee schedule.
Unaffiliated Health Professionals
The Medical Library serves as a host library for unaffiliated health professionals using Loansome Doc Delivery through PubMed. Regular interlibrary loan fees apply to this service. To obtain registration information for Loansome Doc services, please contact the Interlibrary Loan Department.