To learn the principles and skills underlying the recognition and management of neurologic diseases that a general pratitioner is most likely to encounter in practice, with special emphasis on the neurologic emergencies.
- Demonstrate competence in presenting and documenting a neurologic history and physical examination.
- Demonstrate competence in conducting a complete neurological examination.
- Recognize neurological symptoms and localize lesions.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of neurosciences to the understanding of the mechanisms of neurological disease and their treatment.
- Generate neurological differential diagnoses.
- Develop experience in funduscopic examinations.
- Recognize neurological emergencies and the need for immediate patient management.
- Exhibit independent and self-directed learning.
- Display professionalism by adhering to dress code, being punctual, and contributing to an atmosphere conducive to learning.