Application Process - Pharmacology & Neuroscience Graduate Program
Application Process – Open admissions ONLY Fall odd year semesters!
Submit an application on-line to the Southern Illinois University Graduate College at gradschool.siu.edu/apply
a. Deadline submission date – February 15th of "ODD” calendar year (example 2019, 2021, 2023 etc)
b. See below for required supplemental materials
2. Submit the following by uploading directly to the application website gradschool.siu.edu/apply
NOTE: Applicant name (Last, First) and assigned Dawg Tag number MUST be on each document submitted.
a. Non-refundable $65.00 admission fee payable via credit/debit card on the application website.
b. Unofficial transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
c, Copies of all diplomas
d, A copy of your TOEFL score (International students only)
e. A copy of your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score
f. Three letters of recommendation
g. Career Statement - Please limit to 250 words.
Describe the career path that you hope to pursue upon completion of our graduate program
h. Statement of Area of Interest - Please limit to 250 words.
Identify 2-3 faculty members from our website whose research interests are most aligned with yours. Describe why.
i. A current resume and/or curriculum vitae
j. Diplomas - Upload copies of any diplomas that you have received.
3. Submit the following DIRECTLY to the address below:
SIU, School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology
Pharmacology and Neuroscience Graduate Program
Attn: Dr. Brandon Cox, Director
P.O. Box 19629
Springfield, Illinois 62794-9629.
- Official transcripts in a sealed envelope for all undergraduate and graduate coursework sent directly from each university or college attended by the applicant.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores sent directly from the ETS School code 1726; Department code 0216
- TOEFL (International ONLY) score sent directly from ETS School code 1726; Department code 0216
The Department of Pharmacology offers graduate assistantships at 50% full time equivalent at the rate of $20,874 per year (July, 2019). According to www.bestplaces.net, an individual living in Chicago, Illinois, would have to make approximately $29,600 per year to have the purchasing power of $20,874 per year in Springfield. Bestplaces.net also indicates that the median home price in Springfield is 46% of the national average.