MEDPREP Student Resources
This page provides information for our currently enrolled and newly accepted students.
If you are a prospective applicant, please visit our Prospective Student Page to learn more about our program.
If you are a MEDPREP program alumnus, please visit our Alumni Page to catch up on MEDPREP news, update your contact information, and more!
General information about MEDPREP program structure and opportunities can be found on our ABOUT MEDPREP pages.
(Current Students: Click here to jump to Current Student Materials)
Please note the deadline on your acceptance letter and return all required paperwork by the indicated date to hold your seat in the program.
SIUC Printable Application. Please note these IMPORTANT TIPS in filling out the printable application:
p. 1 COMPLETELY fill out the Citizenship Information, including writing in country of birth and country of citizenship; Incomplete information will delay your SIUC enrollment.
p. 1 For "Type of Student," check TRANSFER.
p.2 DO NOT list any High School course work or AP work in the "current high school course work" area of the application.
p.2 Write in college courses ONLY if you are currently enrolled (Spring courses). DO NOT write in courses with grades already reflected in transcripts you sent to MEDPREP.
p.2 Write MEDPREP in the Planned Course of Study.
p.3 Be sure to include check or money order for $40 made out to SIU.
p.3 DO NOT send the application to undergraduate admissions. Send the signed, written application along with your other materials to the MEDPREP Program. See Instructions for Enrolling in MEDPREP.
- Incoming Student's Guide to Registering for Classes
- Registration Help Page (from the SIU Registrar's Office)
- MEDPREP Curriculum Overview Sheet
- MEDPREP Course Descriptions
- SIUC Tuition and Fees Page
- Cost estimator: Traditional Pathway
- Cost estimator: Masters Programs Pathways
- SIUC Financial Aid Office
- SIUC Budgeting Page: Estimates for total attendance costs, including tuition, fees, course expenses and living expenses.
- Information on annual and aggregate limits on federal direct subsidized (e.g. Stafford) loans
- Financial aid forms
Information for Masters in Biological Sciences (MBS-MP) Pathway
- MBS-MP Pathway Information Page
- MBS-MP Pathway Application Instructions
- Please note you will need to complete a graduate school application and pay a seperate $65 application fee, eventhough you have already completed the undergraduate application.
Information for Masters in Public Health (MPH-MP) Pathway
Update: The MPH-MP pathway is not available for the Summer 2019 entering class, due to structural and curricular changes accompanying the MPH program's recent reaccreditation. We expect to offer a new MPH-MP pathway starting in 2020. The SIU School of Medicine continues to offer the MD-MPH track, so students entering our medical school may complete the MPH as part of their medical training.
Carbondale Area Information and Housing Links
MEDPREP cannot endorse any particular housing options. All students are encouraged to make individual, well-researched choices for housing that meets their individual needs. You may find the following links helpful in exploring Carbondale and area housing options.
- City of Carbondale
- SIUC University Housing
- SIUC Information Page about off-campus, non-university housing
- Apartments.com apartment locator
Student Progress Committee Forms
- SPC Procedures Manual - coming soon
- Letter of Recommendation Form
- Procedures for obtaining an SPC Committee Letter for professional school application
- If you require a MEDPREP Leave of Absence Form or MEDPREP Withdrawal Form please contact the MEDPREP Office.
- Information Letter
- Summer Tuition Waiver Application
- Academic Year (Fall/Spring) Tuition Waiver Application
- MEDPREP Scholarship Information Page
- Instructions: Applying for MEDPREP Schlolarships (2019 edition) (PDF)
- Apply for MEDPREP and SIUC Scholarships via Academic Works
- MEDPREP Scholarship Essay Cover Sheet (PDF)