Prepare for admission to dental school in a focused, supportive environment.
Pre Dental Program Features:
• DAT exam preparation
• Foundational science coursework
• Dental clinical exposure (pending pandemic restrictions)
• GPA enhancement
Pre-dental students can participate in the traditional certificate program or may be interested in one of our Master's degree options. Students in the pre-dental track take many classes with MEDPREP students in the pre-medical and pre-P.A. tracks but also focus on preparation specifically for the DAT and dental school. The five-semester, two-year MEDPREP pre-dental program starts in June each year.
MEDPREP pre-dental students have successfully gone on to dental schools across the country, including:
• Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine, Alton, IL
• University of Illinois College of Dentistry
• Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
• Marquette University School of Dentistry
• AT Still University - Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health
• University of Iowa College of Dentistry
• University of Michigan School of Dentistry
• Georgetown University School of Dentistry
• Howard University College of Dentistry
• University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry
• And many more!
Alliance: Direct Dental School Admission
MEDPREP has partnered with the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine in Alton, Illinois (in the St. Louis metroplex area) to directly admit MEDPREP students who complete MEDPREP and meet Alliance qualifications.
Alliance Qualifications (in brief):
• Meet current SIUSDM GPA requirement (currently 3.0 cumulative and science GPAs), or last 40 hour (including MEDPREP) science and cumulative GPAs of 3.25.
• Meet SIUSDM minimum prerequisite course requirements.
• Minimum of 16 on each DAT section, and minimum of DAT 16 Academic Average.
• Completes SIUSDM application (AADSAS, plus any additional required forms) by Nov. 15 of desired admissions cycle.
• Recommended (confidence or higher level) for dental school admission by the MEDPREP Student Progress Committee.
• Illinois resident (student may change state residency during MEDPREP).
• Students may apply after year 1 or year 2 of MEDPREP.
Click, here to apply.