- Board Certification: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrical Care of the Low and High Risk Patient
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Surgical Education
- Office Gynecology
400 N 9th St, Springfield, IL 62702
725 St Francis Way, Litchfield, IL 62056
Education & training
- Loret de Mola JR, Yi L, Tan H, Garza A, Chernicky CL. Insulin-like Growth Factors and Cell Growth in Rat Leiomyoma. IFFS 18th World Congress on Fertility and Sterility, Montreal, Canada May 23-28, 2004, Oral Presentation No. 0651.
- J.R. Loret de Mola, L.Yi, H. Tan, A. Garza, K. Giardina and C.L. Chernicky. Insulin-like growth factors in rat leiomyoma and leiomyosarcoma. Abstract presented at the IFFS 18th World Congress on Fertility and Sterility, Montreal, Canada, 5/2004.
- Loret de Mola JR, Yi L, Tan H, Garza A, Giardina K, Chernicky CL. Insulin-like Growth factors in Rat Leiomyoma and Leiomyosarcoma. In: Proceedings of the 18th Annual Meeting of the International Federation of Fertility Societies. Saunders, 2004.
- The Utility of the shock index to predict a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. S.R. Jaramillo, P. Takacs, N. Chakhtoura, A. Garza-Cavazos, K. Barnhart. Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL; Penn Fertility Care, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. Poster, ASRM, Denver, Co, 10/2010.
- Safety of Seprafilm Use During Cesarean Section. A. Garza-Cavazos, J. Arango-Longo, V.H. Gonzalez-Quintero, Poster, William A. Little Society, Miami, FL. 4/2010.
- Metallothionein Expression and Regulation in Human Endometrium. M.S. Krause MD, M. Li BS, A. Garza-Cavazos MD, J.R. Loret de Mola MD, M.E. McAsey PhD. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL. Poster presentation, ASRM, Orlando, FL, 10/2011.
- Robotic Assisted Hemihysterectomy in Patients with Obstructed Hemiuterus. A. Garza-Cavazos, J.R. Loret de Mola. Video accepted to the ACOG Multimedia Library. 2012 Publications Catalog.
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: New Definitions and Contemporary Terminology. A. Garza-Cavazos, J.R. Loret de Mola. Female Patient. August 2012.
- Location of Epigastric Vessels Stratified by Body Mass Index. A. Garza-Cavazos, S. Lay, K. Groesch, J. Buedefeldt, S. Siddique. Oral presentation, AAGL, Las Vegas, Nov. 2012.
- Management of Adnexal Masses in the Pediatric/Adolescent Population: A Review. H. Hoefgen, A. Garza-Cavazos, K. Groesch, T. Carter, M.E. McAsey. Poster presentation, COAG, Chicago, IL, Oct. 2012.
- A Comparison of the Sensitivity of the Medtronic iPro Continuous Glucose Monitoring and Standard Diagnostic Criteria for Diabetes in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. A.Huff, S. Radtke, A. Garza-Cavazos, K. Groesch, E. Paris, J.R. Loret de Mola, M.E. McAsey. Abstract to be submitted to ASRM 2014.
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Contemporary Management. A. Garza-Cavazos, J.R. Loret de Mola. Review pending submission to Female Patient, Dec.,2013.
Advancing Minimally Invasive Gynecology Award, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital
Kenneth C. Edelin Prize, for superior academic acheivement in Obstetrics and Gynecology, compassion and understanding toward patients and interest in minority health care. Boston, MA