Aysha Rafaquat, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at SIU School of Medicine. Dr.Rafaquat has recently completed her residency at St.John Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI (2016) and soon after she joined the SIU. She has completed her Medical School from Pakistan (2007) and conferred her degree of MBBS (Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery) from Dow Medical College (2008), which is now Dow University of Health and Sciences. Because of her special interest in pediatrics she then joined the pediatric residency at Dow University of Health Sciences, Civil, Hospital, Karachi (2011). Dr.Rafaquat is currently working as Pediatric Hospitalist in the division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. She is also a member of SIU Health Care and has affiliation at both hospitals of Springfield, St.John Hospital as well as Memorial Medical Center. She is a member of American Academy of Pediatrics since 2013 and has also joined the section of hospital Medicine in 2016. She is also serving as a 3rd year Pediatric Elective Director (2017) and has a natural fervor and zeal of teaching medical students and residents.
Education & training
- In USMLE Step-1 and Step-2 CK, scored 99 percentile.
- In Dow University of Health & Science Civil Hospital Residency Test, secured 1st Position.
- In the M.B.B.S. Program at Dow Medical College (Batch of 2007) Rannked among the top 25%.
- Obtained five (5) Distinctions (Honors) during Professional Examinations:
- First Professional M.B.B.S Examination (Part-A) - Distinction in Biochemistry.
- First Professional M.B.B.S Examination (Part-B) - Distinction in Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Third Professional M.B.B.S - Distinction in Pathology.