Daniel Groepper, CGC, is a certified genetics counselor in the Department of Pediatrics at SIU School of Medicine. He earned a Master of Science in Molecular, Cellular, Development Biology and Genetics at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN. His clinical interests include the Identification and management of families with hereditary cancer, prenatal testing and diagnosis of genetic conditions, as well as family history analysis. Groepper consults with both pediatric and adult patients.
Education & training
1. Groepper, D. & Bower, M. (2017). Ethical considerations in the genetic testing laboratory. In Goodenberger M.L., Thomas, B.C., and Kruisselbrink T. (Eds.), Practical Genetic Counseling for the Laboratory (in press). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
2. Groepper, D., McCarthy Veach, P., LeRoy, B.S., and Bower, M. (2015) Ethical and professional challenges encountered by laboratory genetic counselors. J Genet Couns., 24(4):580-596.
3. Kennedy, R., Groepper, D., Tagen, M., Christensen, R., Navid, F., Gajjar, A., and Stewart, C. (2010). Stability of cyclophosphamide in extemporaneous oral suspensions. Ann. Pharmacother., 44(2): 295 – 301.
4. Szymanska, B., Wilczynska-Kalak, U., Kang, M.H., Liem, N.L., Carol, H., Boehm, I., Groepper, D., Reynolds, C.P., Stewart, C.F., and Lock, R.B. (2012). Pharmacokinetic modeling of an induction regimen for in vivo combined testing of novel drugs against pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia xenografts. PLoS One, 7(3):e33894.
- Iowa State University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean's List Fall 2004- Spring 2007
- Iowa State University President's Ace Scholar Fall 2004- Spring 2007
- Merck Index Award for Achievement in Research Spring 2007
- H.F. Plagens Chemistry Scholarship Fall 2006 – Spring 2007
- Glen A. Russell Memorial Chemistry Scholarship Fall 2006 – Spring 2007