Dr. ldrizi is an Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. She is a graduate of Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in 2003 and completed her Pediatric residency training at The University of Texas Health San Antonio in 2006.
Dr. ldrizi's primary interests are in medical school education and lnterprofessional Education. She has extensive experience in curriculum development and implementation, and has assumed various leadership roles in undergraduate medical education. She currently serves as the Year 4 Director and Chair of the Year4 Curriculum Advisory Committee. Within the Pediatric department, she is the 4th Year Elective Coordinator and the Co-Director of the Personalized Education Plan (PEP}. She serves on the Educational Policy Committee and the Year 3 Curriculum Advisory Committee.
Dr. ldrizi is a graduate of the Education Scholars Program offered by the Academic Pediatric Association. She was the recipient of the prestigious Ray E. Helfer Award in 2019, which recognizes creative and scholarly work in pediatric education. She is leading the implementation of an lnterprofessional Education program in the Department of Pediatrics called Partners in Advancing lnterprofessional Relationships (Pedi PAIR).
Education & training
- AAMC 2019 Mid-Career Women Faculty Seminar
- Selected as participant SIU School of Medicine cHOP Grant, 2019
- APA Ray E. Helfer Award, 2019
- PAS Platform Presentation, 2019: Promoting lnterprofessional Collaboration between Resident Physicians and Nurses
- Graduate of APA Education Scholars Program, 2019
- UT Health San Antonio Pediatric Faculty of the Year, 2017
- Southern Group on Education Affairs Medical Education Scholarship Award, 2016
- Abstract of Distinction-Invited Oral Presentation, 2016: The University of Texas Academy of Health Science Education