Dr. ldrizi is an associate professor of clinical pediatrics at SIU School of Medicine, specializing in pediatric hospital medicine. She graduated from Southern Illinois University School of Medicine and completed her pediatric residency at the University of Texas Health San Antonio in San Antonio, TX. Dr. ldrizi's primary interests rest in medical school education and interprofessional Education. She currently serves as the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Admissions.
Dr. ldrizi is a graduate of the Education Scholars Program (ESP) offered by the Academic Pediatric Association, a masters level faculty development program for academic pediatric educators. Her novel work on Interprofessional Education conducted within the ESP was awarded the prestigious Ray E. Helfer Award in 2019, recognizing creative and scholarly work in pediatric education. She is leading the implementation of an interprofessional collaborative program in the department of pediatrics called Partners in Advancing interprofessional Relationships (Pedi PAIR).
Additional languages spoken
Education & training
- AAMC 2019 Mid-Career Women Faculty Seminar
- Selected as participant SIU School of Medicine cHOP Grant, 2019
- APA Ray E. Helfer Award, 2019
- PAS Platform Presentation, 2019: Promoting lnterprofessional Collaboration between Resident Physicians and Nurses
- Graduate of APA Education Scholars Program, 2019
- UT Health San Antonio Pediatric Faculty of the Year, 2017
- Southern Group on Education Affairs Medical Education Scholarship Award, 2016
- Abstract of Distinction-Invited Oral Presentation, 2016: The University of Texas Academy of Health Science Education