August Employee of the Month | Lori Miedwig
The employee of the month for August is Lori Miedwig, Senior Clinical Research Coordinator in the Center for Clinical Research. Her nominator said: “Lori is a very experienced senior coordinator who manages the Internal Medicine and Psychiatry Research Teams. She communicates very well and is a great representative of the Center for Clinical Research. She takes her job seriously and can be counted on to assist with anything that needs to be done. She is a great resource for industry-sponsored study issues and has stepped up to analyze the industry-sponsored billings and budgets to make sure things are being billed appropriately and that budgets are being negotiated consistently. She is a huge asset to our team and her efforts are greatly appreciated.”
Lori answered some questions for our profile.
1. How long have you worked at the School? 11 ½ years
2. What do you like best about your job? I love the team atmosphere and just being able to work with great people every day. I’ve made numerous friends over the years at SIU and they have become my second family.
3. I highly recommend … taking care of yourself. Sometimes you have to put yourself first so that you can care for others.
4. My motto for living is … Don’t look back – you're not going that way.
5. Cubs or Cardinals? Da Bears!