Hypertension Clinical Trials
The Hypertension Clinic at SIU Medicine, led by world-renowned expert Dr. John Flack, is conducting cutting-edge research to better treat high blood pressure. We are currently participating in national studies to explore new treatment options, including medications and one-time, device-based treatments. We also conduct local studies to better understand high blood pressure and adapt care based on individual health measures.
Hypertension is the leading cause of heart disease. Therefore, lowering blood pressure is crucial in our mission to promote patient health and well-being. These studies provide patients with access to new, experimental treatment options that could help them. While specific benefits are unknown and may vary, participants have the opportunity to:
- Potentially lower their blood pressure.
- Potentially reduce the need for blood pressure medications.
- Receive study-related care at no cost.
- Contribute to the advancement of medical research.
Participate in a Clinical Trial
- The information you provide in the recruitment survey may be used to contact you if you qualify to participate in this study.
- Your information will be retained in a confidential, secure database.
- At any time, you can request to have your information removed from our database by contacting the SIU hypertension study team at 217-545-7511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.