- Hometown: Milan, IL
- Academic interests: Graduate medical education, clinical and diagnostic imaging, rural emergency medicine, tactical medicine, disaster preparedness
- What you enjoy most about the program: Most of all is working with the residents, watching them go through the program and graduate to independent practice. It is very impressive to see their hard work and commitment to not only their personal development but to making our program better year after year.
- Favorite things to do in Springfield: Spending time with my family. We enjoy several of the parks in and around Springfield often. My personal interests include fitness and the outdoors. The Sangamon Valley Trail is great for runs or bike rides. Fishing, hunting and hiking back home, at Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Park and Lake Sangchris State Park.
Education & training
Emergency Medicine Readiness Textbook, contributing author, (Chapter author, “Trauma,” case contributor, “Ventricular Fibrillation” and “COPD”; 2014.
Waymack J, Clark T. A New Emergency Medicine Resident Joins the Trauma Team - 5/1/2014; Resident Readiness Emergency Medicine. McGraw Hill Education; May 2014. pp. 13-14.
Waymack J. An 84-year-old Male Becomes Unresponsive - 05/01/2014; Resident Readiness Emergency Medicine. McGraw Hill Education; May 2014. pp. 121-130.
Waymack J, Clark T. A 23-year-old Female Status Post High-speed Motor Vehicle Accident. Resident Readiness Emergency Medicine. McGraw Hill Education; May 2014 pp. 215-240.
Waymack, J. Hematology/Oncology. Emergency Medicine Board Review Intensive, 2016 Syllabus, Volume 2, pp. 261-276. August 13, 2016.
Caccioppo E and Waymack J. Bilateral Inferior Shoulder Dislocation. West J Emerg Med. 2015;16(1):157.
Waymack JR, Markwell S, Milbrandt JC, Clarck TR. Comparison of rates of emergency department procedures and critical diagnoses in metropolitan and rural hospitals. Rural Remote Health. 2015 Oct-Dec;15(4):3298. Epub 2015 Oct 13.
Waymack J. CDEM Curriculum, “Pediatric Gastroenteritis” web-based publication: cdem curriculum.wordpress.com/pediatric-gastroenteritis; Nov 2015
Sullivan P, Waymack J, Griffen D, Jaeger C.Effectively Reducing CK-MB Utilization Using Computer Order Entry in the Emergency Department.Am J Med Qual. 2016 Jun 29. pii: 1062860616657149. [Epub ahead of print], 2017, Vol. 32(1) 107.
Sullivan P, Waymack J, Jaeger C., Griffen D. Effectively reducing amylase testing using computer order entry in the emergency department: quality improvement without eliminating physician choice. J Innov Health Inform. 2017;24(3):257-261.
Central Retinal Artery Occlusion
Renal Infarction from Type B Aortic Dissection. JETem. 2017
Sharma Nitish; Waymack James. Acute Cardiac Tamponade. StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2018 Jan.
Fosses Vuong M, Waymack JR. Aspergillosis. StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing: 2018 Nov 14.
Waymack JR, An J. Dislocation, Elbow, Posterior. StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing; 2019 Jan 6.
Waymack JR, Sundareshan V. Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). StatPearls [Intranet]. StatPearls Publishing; 2018-2019 Jan 22.
Farris W, Waymack JR. Central Retinal Artery Occlusion. StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing; 2019 Jan 23.
Waymack J. Pulmonary Embolism: Diagnosis by Computerized Tomography without Intravenous Contrast. Journal of Education & Teaching - Emergency Medicine.
Waymack J R, Tweet M, Austin R. Iron Overdose. JETem 2019. 4(1):01-30.
Kostolansky S, Waymack JR. Erythema Infectionsum (Fifth Disease). StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2019 May 8.
Kondamudi NP, Waymack JR. Measles. StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2019 May 8.
Jaeger C, Waymack J, Sullivan P, Lankala S, Petersen L, Coultas C, Griffen D. Refining Reflex Urine Culture Testing in the ED. Am J Emerg Med. 2019 Jul;37(7):1380-1382. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2018.12.037. Epub 2018 Dec 21.
$14,145.00 – Memorial Medical Center Foundation - “Prehospital Difficult Airway Simulation and Training" (May 2016)
Excellence in Residency Teaching, Department of Surgery, SIU School of Medicine – 2016, 2017, 2018
- SIU School of Medicine, Excellence in Residency Teaching, Department of Emergency Medicine, 2019
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Excellence in Emergency Medicine, 2010
- Western Illinois University, Departmental Scholar, Biology Department, 2006