Kimberly Powell, MD, is an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics at SIU School of Medicine, specializing in the care of critically ill children in the hospital. She completed a fellowship in pediatric critical care medicine at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO, and a pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA. She earned her medical degree at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine in Chicago, IL. Dr. Powell is board certified in both pediatrics and pediatric critical care medicine.
Education & training
Greenberg CC, Meredith KN, Yan L, Brady MJ. Protein Targeting to Glycogen Overexpression Results in the Specific Enhancement of Glycogen Storage in 3T3-L1 Adipocytes. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2003; 278: 30835-30842.
Kim J, Temple KA, Jones SA, Meredith KN, Basko JL, Brady MJ. Differential Modulation of 3T3-L1 Adipogenesis Mediated by 11 beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase-1 Levels. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2007: 282: 11038-11046.
- Hartman ME, Powell KN, Olsen M. The Comparative Epidemiology of Pediatric Severe Sepsis. Manuscript in progress.
- “Precision and Accuracy of Comparative Epidemiology of Pediatric Severe Sepsis.” Poster Presentation, Pediatric Academic Society. April 24, 2015.
- “The Comparative Epidemiology of Pediatric Severe Sepsis.” Invited Poster Presentation, Society of Critical Care Medicine Annual Congress. February 20-24, 2016.
- Caterpillar Inc./ Urban League TSTM Scholarship, 2000
- Inducted into Sigma Xi, an honorary scientific society, 2004