SIU Medicine and School of Medicine communicators, marketers and brand ambassadors: Join the Office of Marketing and Communications for its inaugural Brand Summit 10 am - 2 pm, Thursday, Aug. 8, at the Robbins-Woerner Conference Room, Simmons Cancer Institute, 315 W. Carpenter St., Springfield. During this four-hour, in-person retreat, the communications and marketing team will announce new communications opportunities and strategies to move the SIU Medicine brand forward. Lunch will be provided; please register no later than Thursday, Aug. 1.
Summit topics include:
- Web update: We’ve heard and empathize with your frustrations. Learn what’s on the horizon for siumed.edu and siumed.org and learn how to make the most of our current content management system with our favorite how-tos and content recommendations.
- Brand Center: Preview the online Brand Center, a set of new resources, including updated templates and downloads, the SIU Medicine Writing Style Guide, SIU Medicine Brand Guide and other processes designed to help you, our brand ambassadors.
- Social media: A lot has changed since Facebook was introduced more than 10 years ago. We’ll review current best practices for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter, share free, useful tools to make the most of your content and attract new fans, and provide a crash course in key performance indicators and analytics.
- Photo and video: Discover what makes a great patient story and how you can help us tell those stories. Plus, we’ll share how to capture amazing pictures with your iPhone.
- Sneak peek: We’re embarking on an exciting new project that we believe will benefit you and will impact the entire organization. Find out at the Brand Summit!
All SIU School of Medicine employees who are involved with internal or external communications are welcome to attend.