Besides the general pediatric care that I provide, I also have a strong interest in the treatment and care of newborn infants. A large portion of the care that I provide centers on the care of newborns in the newborn nursery. In addition, I have a particular interest in medical student education.
Education & training
- 02/2009: “International Adoption-An Update” Grand Rounds. Southern IL School of Medicine.
- 04/2006: “When is Treatment of a Patent Ductus Arteriosus with Indomethacin Futile?” Pediatric Academic Societies' Meeting
- Medical Student Preceptor of the Year, 2016. Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics.
- Resident Teacher of the Year, 2009. Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. Department of Pediatrics
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2001-Southern Illinois School of Medicine.
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1997-Washington University in St. Louis.