Dr. Venkata Majjiga is an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics at SIU School of Medicine, specializing in neonatal-perinatal medicine. He completed a three-year fellowship in neonatal-perinatal medicine at New York Medical College-Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, N.Y., and a pediatric residency at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. He passed his Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Heath membership exams in the U.K. and earned his medical degree (M.B.B.S.) from Gandhi Medical College in Secunderabad, India. Majjiga is board certified in pediatrics and neonatal-perinatal medicine and is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Education & training
- K.K.Diwakar, Majjiga V Sasidhar, Plasma glucose level in term appropriate for gestational age neonates in first 72 hour’s of life Arch Dis Child July 2002 vol.87 no.1
- V.S.Majjiga, P. Kumeresan, E.J.Glass, Silver Nitrate Burns following Umbilical Granuloma Treatment Arch Dis Child 2005;90:674. Cited by H Marcovitch in BMJ 2005;331;372 under “What’s new in this month in BMJ journals”
- M Shukla, R Barros, V S Majjiga, and Asit K. Tripathy, Acute Colonic Pseudo‐obstruction in a Pediatric Patient. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2007; 45:600‐602
- V S Majjiga, A Tripathy, K Viswanathan, M Shukla, Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Multiorgan System Failure in a child with Sickle Cell‐Hemoglobin C Disease. Clin Pediatr OnlineFirst, published on June 12, 2009
- V S Majjiga, D Mooney, M Kessler, M Zia, S Jayabose, B Parvez. “First case report of intraocular metastasis of choriocarcinoma in newborn and review of literature” submitted for publication Newsletter publication
- V S Majjiga, B Parvez. Management of serum glucose levels in neonates. “The Perinatal Gazette” Newsletter of the Regional Perinatal Center ‐ Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center. May 2009. Volume 9 Issue 3
- Pediatric Chief Resident (2007/08) at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical center.
- Awarded travel grant to attend scientific meeting at Eastern Society of Pediatric Research, 2009 held at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Awarded travel grant to attend scientific meeting at Eastern Society of Pediatric Research, 2010 to be held at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Sponsored by Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health for pediatric training under International pediatric training scheme during the year August 2002‐ August 2003