2020 – 2021 Stipends:
PGY IV $60,060
PGY V $61,261
PGY VI $62,817
Paid Leave (Vacation / Sick / Bereavement / Education)
All trainees (residents and fellows) may be permitted up to (maximum number dependent on Board requirements):
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 2 weeks of sick leave
- 1 week of educational leave
- 3 calendar days of bereavement leave
Child Care Leave
Trainees are permitted to take up to twelve (12) weeks of leave without compensation in accordance with the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, after the birth of a child or the placement of a child with the resident/fellow for adoption or foster care. Contact the Office of Graduate Medical Information for details.
The program will have work hours optimal to the care of patients and in compliance with the general and special requirements of the ACGME.
- Residents and fellows are employed by Memorial Medical Center and are provided benefits through the employing hospital.
- Health insurance is provided at a minimal charge; an optional family plan can be purchased.
- Dental insurance is provided for the resident/fellow and family for a small fee.
- A Vision Plan is offered.
- Group Term Life insurance is provided at no cost; additional coverage may be purchased.
- Long Term Disability insurance is provided at no cost.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan is offered.
Professional Liability Insurance
Residents and fellows are provided professional liability coverage by the hospitals. It will provide legal defense and protection against awards from claims reported or filed during and after the completion of the training program if the alleged acts or omissions of the trainee were within the scope of the program, in accordance with the affiliated hospitals’ self-insured trust and liability policy.