Equity office seeks 'Dr. Kenniebrew Equity Award' nominations
The SIU School of Medicine Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Springfield Memorial Hospital and HSHS St. John’s Hospital are excited to announce the start of the nomination period for the Dr. Kenniebrew Equity Award. The recipient will be announced on February 8, 2022 at the Kenniebrew Lecture. Submissions are due by January 10, 2022.
The Dr. Kenniebrew Equity Award is an acknowledgment bestowed upon an individual or organization actively promoting inclusive excellence. This individual or organization contributes to and enhances the environment of Springfield through a sustained commitment to improve opportunities for the diverse communities we serve.
The Dr. Kenniebrew Equity Award recipient demonstrates an exceptional understanding of diversity and inclusiveness beyond the call of duty as represented by the following criteria:
- Enhances inclusion through positive communication between persons of different backgrounds
- Develops innovative methods for increasing and valuing diversity through wide-ranging activities
- Demonstrates outstanding efforts to promote an environment free from bias and discrimination
- Organizes, creates and facilitates various academic or community events promoting diversity, respect and inclusiveness
To be considered for the Dr. Kenniebrew Equity Award, the individual or organization must:
- Significantly promote diversity, inclusion and cultural development among their institution or Springfield;
- Address key areas of diversity and inclusion such as recruitment, retention, campus/ department climate, research, clinical practice or community outreach;
- Lead initiatives in capturing outcomes of increased awareness, understanding or promoting diversity in Springfield;
- Implement steps toward fostering diversity in the workplace with programs that maximize the potential of all people;
- Create partnerships between managers and employees to resolve diversity workplace issues;
- Promote diversity workplace education and communication ideas; and/or
- Improving cultural competency through educational initiatives.
Please send a nomination letter to SIU Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion to Malisa Cruz at email@example.com by January 10, 2022.