Peer reviewed publications in print or other media
1. Mubayed,L., Romme,A., Nguyen, H. QTc Prolongation after Minor Head Trauma in a Pediatric Patient.
Pediatric Cardiology. Accepted Sept 2019. DOI: 10.1007/s00246-019-02213-0
2. Nijres, B.,Taqtaqa,A. Mubayed,L., et al. Determination of the Frequency of Right and Left Internal
Mammary Artery Embolization in Single Ventricle Patients: A Two-Center Study. Pediatric Cardiology.
2018 Dec;39(8):1657-1662. doi:10.1007/s00246-018-1946-0. Epub 2018 Aug13.
3. Mubayed, L., Muller, B.-A. A., Jacobson, J. L., Hast, H. A., & Nguyen, H. H. (2018). Acute Pediatric
Colchicine Toxicity is Associated with Marked Bradydysrhythmias. Journal of Emergency Medicine.
4. Stokol, T., Daddona, J. L., Mubayed, L. S., Trimpert, J., & Kang, S. (2011). Evaluation of tissue factor
expression in canine tumor cells. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 72(8), 1097–1106.
Non-peer reviewed scientific or medical publications/materials in print or other media
1. Mubayed,L. Blatt,D.,Muller,B., Myocarditis Associated with Giardia Intestinalis Infection in a Teenage
Patient. Congenital Cardiology Today Newsletter, September 2018.
Abstracts, Poster Presentations and Exhibits Presented at Professional Meetings
1. Silent Patent Ductus Arterious; Shall We Treat? Aljemmali, S., Mubayed, L., Umpathi, K., Awad, S. “The
Heart Summit 2019”, Milwaukee, WI. Oct 3-5, 2019.
2. Early to Midterm Outcomes of Hybrid vs Surgical Pulmonary Valve Replacement . Mubayed, L., Ray, K.,
Bokowski, J., Murphy, J. “Pediatric Interventional Cardiac Symposium”, San Diego, CA. Sept 4-7, 2019.
3. Restrictive Foramen Ovale, a Mimicker of Critical CHD. Mubayed, L., Bokowski, J., Nguyen, H.
“Pediatric Academic Society Annual Meeting”, Baltimore, MA. April 28-30, 2019.
4. Recent Trends in Mortality due to Congenital Heart Disease 1999-2017. Lamya Mubayed, MD, Sadeer
Al-Kindi, MD. “American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference and Exhibition – Section On
Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery”, Orlando, FL, November 2-6, 2018.
5. Restrictive Foramen Ovale, a Mimicker of Critical CHD. Mubayed, L., Bokowski, J., Nguyen, H. “4th
Annual Mentoring Programs Symposium”, Rush University Medical Centre, Chicago, IL, September 11,
6. Outcome of Routine vs Random Transplacental Anti-inflammatory Treatment for Anti-Ro Antibody-
Mediated Fetal Heart Disease. Mawad W., Mubayed L., Hornberger L.K., Parkman J., Diab K.,Cuneo B.,
Moon-Grady A., Raboisson M.J., Silverman E., Jaeggi E. “2018 Fetal Cardiac Symposium” Rush
University Medical Centre, Chicago, IL, July 12-13, 2018.
7. Recent Trends in Mortality due to Congenital Heart Disease 1999-2017. Lamya Mubayed, MD, Sadeer
Al-Kindi, MD. “Third Annual Evening of Pediatric Scholarly Activity”, Rush University Children’s
Hospital. Chicago, IL, May 21st, 2018.
8. Determination of the Frequency of Right and Left Internal Mammary Artery Embolization in Single
Ventricle Patients: A Two-Centre Study. Nijres, B.,Taqtaqa,A. Mubayed,L., et al. “Cardiology 2018: 21st
Annual Update on Pediatric and Congenital Cardiovascular Disease”, Scottsdale, AZ, February 21-25,
9. Pre-participation Screening of Young Athletes, A Local Study. Mubayed L, Batten L. "Southern Regional
Meeting, New Orleans, February 18–20, 2016." Journal of Investigative Medicine 64, no. 2 (2016): 488-
Mubayed, L., Jacobson, J., and Abdulla, R. (in press). Cardiovascular Agents. In B. Bolick, K. Reuter-Rice, M.
Madden, & P. Severin (2nd Eds.), Pediatric acute Care: A guide for Interprofessional practice. St. Louis, Mo:
Elsevier. (Anticipated publication Sept 2020)