The Academy for Scholarship in Education
Boyung Suh, PhD Director of the Academy for Scholarship in Education and Assistant Professor for the Department of Medical Education
The Academy for Scholarship in Education at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine (SIUSOM) at Springfield is focused on collaboration, education, and educational research. Founded in 2005, the Academy has attracted more than 130 members, and continues to grow.
The Academy supports the educational and education research mission of the school by ensuring that all faculty, staff, and medical students have access to the resources they need to be successful educators and researchers.
The Academy offers professional development (training, educational inquiry and evaluations) to departments, small groups, and individuals.
- Interested in doing educational research, but not sure where to begin?
- Want help with your teaching?
- Need assistance with presentations?
- Need help dealing with a problem learner?
- Interested in on-site observations?
To schedule an appointment, request an Academy Consultation or become a member, simply e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mission of the Academy is:
- To advance SIUSOM to the forefront of the nation in medical education innovation & research
- To foster the collaboration of faculty from all disciplines to the benefit of the organization, as well as providing a support network for people who choose to work in medical education
- To provide evidence-based information that will inform and improve SIU’s medical school curriculum
- To recognize and reward excellence in teaching and evaluation, educational research, educational leadership, and the development of enduring educational materials.
Joining the Academy
Benefits of joining the Academy include:
- Invitations to special events
- Individualized faculty development
- Assistance with teaching