Residency Program Applicants
U.S. ACGME and International M.D. Applicants -
Interview dates: October 14, 2019 through January 24, 2020
- Application Deadline: December 06, 2019
- Applications accepted through ERAS Only - Go to ERAS
International Graduate Information
The SIU Decatur Family Medicine Residency Program welcomes applications from the US and as well as international medical graduates. We appreciate what diversity, various training experiences, and cultural backgrounds provide our "family" of resident physicians.
The guidelines below help us to maintain the excellent academic standards we have set for our training program and simplify the application process. Applicants must have:
- Graduated from medical school after 1/1/18.
- Six months hands-on clinical experience in the U.S.
- Passed Step 1 on the first attempt with a minimum score of 205.
- Passed Step 2 on the first attempt with a minimum score of 222.
- Passed CS on first attempt.
- Three letters of recommendation from those who supervised your education and clinical activities.
- Applications accepted through ERAS Only.
Salary and Benefits
|PGY Year||FY2020 Compensation||Conference/Book Stipend|
|Moving expense reimbursement||$3,000|
Vacation/Sick: 20 Weekdays
Conference: 5 Weekdays
Health Insurance on first day of employment
Professional Liability coverage through Decatur Memorial Hospital
Noon Conference and meals on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Free Meals when On Call
Designated sleeping quarters during night and weekend duty
Free Lab Coat Laundering
Paid ALSO Course
Paid PALS Course
For more information please see our Prospective Residents page