Apply to Fellowship
Eligibility requirements include the following standards:
- Residency must be completed in an accredited training program in Internal Medicine in the United States or Canada
- All applicants must be registered with the National Resident Match Program (NRMP) at www.nrmp.org.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPEs)/Deans letter and medical school transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two from faculty at your Internal Medicine training program).
- Scores from USMLE Steps 1, 2 (CK & CS) and Step 3. Passing scores on first attempts are required. Average scores of those matched into our program are typically 225 (Step 1), 225 (Step 2) and 200 (Step 3).
- Internal Medicine residency graduation within the past 3 years (preferred).
- To participate in the NRMP Match, you must have passed the following examinations by the NRMP Rank Order List deadline: Step 1, Step 2 (CK & CS) and Step 3 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE). It is not necessary to have your ECFMG certificate to participate in the NRMP Match
- We support J-1 Visas
- We do not sponsor the H1-b visa
- As a mission-based medical school and fellowship program, applicants with educational, family or personal ties to the region are encouraged to apply
- Diversity and inclusion/equal opportunity employer
- 3 positions available per year, for 9 total fellows
Application deadline: September 2, 2023
Shawna Adams - Program Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU School of Medicine
Division of Cardiology
PO Box 19636
Springfield, IL 62794-9636