Join Our Team
Marketing Associate - Web Content Manager
APPLY NOW THROUGH FRIDAY, MAY 28, 2021
The primary purpose of this position is to create a variety of content types for all web properties operated by SIU School of Medicine. This person will primarily write content for external websites (siumed.org and siumed.edu), but will also help with intranet content and graphics, videos or photos.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following information is intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent in this position and is not all- inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities. Demonstrates by actions, commitment to the mission and the behavioral standards of SIU School of Medicine. Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers through collaboration and partnership; compassion and respect; integrity and accountability; diversity and inclusion; as well as continuous learning and improvement.
- Serve as primary point person from the Office of Marketing and Communications to update, maintain and optimize SIU Medicine’s websites
- Develops engaging, dynamic, and secure web pages to encourage interaction with SIU Medicine’s websites, using data entry or advanced web-related languages, as needed
- Designs, creates, modifies, and updates SIU Medicine websites to ensure departmental content is accurate and informative
- Uses HTML and CSS styling to continually update graphic look of SIU Medicine websites
- Manages all types of content, including audio files and video files, and assists in training coworkers in the best way to format files for the web
- Maintains web properties, including adding, removing, uploading and downloading files; checks web pages for broken links and initiates search for replacement content or pages
- Troubleshoots all website issues and solves minor web issues, or coordinates with vendors to resolve issues.
- Installs, updates and uses marketing analytical tools, such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, to study website user trends and campaigns to support the organization’s digital marketing strategies
- Uses strong writing skills to write web content or edit provided content from various departments for online use to build the SIU Medicine brand, and reach audiences such as prospective students and patients, alumni, current students and patients, and employees
- Understands AP Style and writing specifically for websites, as well as literacy levels to write for specific audiences, creating digital materials
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with leadership and staff within the Office of Marketing and Communications, other SIU teams, clinical departments, hospital partners, and external vendors
- Advises departmental staff on the design and creation of web pages, may include training others on the content management system
- Creates written and visual content for social media
- Stays current on social media trends in the market and emerging platforms/strategies
- Creates written and visual content for intranet to inform employees of news and events throughout the organization
- Serves as point person for web-related vendor relationships to ensure consistency throughout the relationship as well as SIU’s online presence
- Evaluates tools to create web content and works with IT teams to ensure compatibility with SIU Medicine’s content management system
- May supervise employees, interns or extra help employees
- Other duties as assigned
Salary range is $48,000-$50,000 annually with a full benefit package.