CITI FCOI Training
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine (Springfield) relies on the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative Program (CITI) to fulfill Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Training required for all personnel involved in federally funded research. Successful completion of Financial Conflict of Interest training is required before research personnel can engage in research activities. Once successfully completed, the training is good for four years. Automated renewal notices will alert you to when you must renew your training
New employees must register and complete the CITI FCOI Training within 14 days of hire.
Existing employees must have an up-to-date CITI FCOI Training if involved in federally funded research.
- Go to https://about.citiprogram.org/en/homepage
- Select the “Register” button in the top left corner
- To select the Organization Affiliation, type “Southern Illinois University School of Medicine”
- Once entered, click the “I AGREE to the Terms of Service for accessing CITI Program materials” box
- Click the “I affirm that I am an affiliate of Southern Illinois University School of Medicine” box
- Then, click the blue box that appears “Continue to Create Your CITI Program Username/Password”
- Continue through the prompts by entering your personal information
- Once logged in, choose Main Menu/My Courses
- Choose YES for CITI Conflicts of Interest Course
- Complete the Module
If you have questions or need assistance navigating the CITI website, please contact the ADR Office of Grants and Contracts (email@example.com).
NOTE: The Office of Grants and Contracts will not be able to submit a federal proposal without a recently completed, grant-relevant, FCOI disclosure form (attestation) for all PIs and personnel listed on the proposal. Additionally, all personnel must complete up-to-date CITI FCOI Training. The CITI FCOI Training is valid for four years.
FCOI Attestation Form found here: http://www.siumed.edu/adr/grants/forms/fcoi-attestation-form.html
FCOI Policy found here: http://www.siumed.edu/adr/grants/policies/financial-conflict-interest-p…