1. Educate physician assistants to be lifelong learners, proficient in acquiring and applying knowledge to improve the health of their communities and organizations.
2. Prepare physician assistants to be respectful, ethical, professional and effective advocates for the profession and their patients.
3. Prepare physician assistants who are competitive, marketable, and competent to take on administrative and leadership roles within the health care arena and beyond.
4. Prepare physician assistants to become proficient, competent educators of the public, their patients and future PAs with a concentration on the Barrowsian Method of Problem-Based Learning.
5. Educate PAs to advance the profession through scholarly activity.
SIU Medicine’s Pledge on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity: Anti-racism is the active process of identifying and eliminating racism by changing systems, organizational structures, policies, practices and attitudes, so that power is redistributed and shared equitably. An anti-racist organization is one in which racism is actively opposed and in which justice and fairness are actively promoted. SIU Medicine is committed to be an organization that fully embraces and promotes equity and inclusion in race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and socio-economic status. SIU Medicine will identify, address and minimize overt and implicit bias. We pledge to be an anti-racist organization.