- If it is a medical liability situation, the server should be directed to the Risk Management Office of the appropriate hospital.
- For legal papers other than a medical liability situation, the program coordinator should be contacted to reach the resident and to facilitate the meeting between the server and the resident, but should not be physically present unless requested by the resident.
- The resident should immediately notify the Risk Management Office at the appropriate hospital that they have served in a medical liability claim and should be prepared to provide the name of the case.
- The resident should not appear for or schedule a deposition without the assistance of the appropriate Risk Manager.
- No staff person should accept legal papers on behalf of a resident.
|Last Approval Date: November 15, 2019
|Effective Date: November 15, 2019