All residency and fellowship programs at SIU School of Medicine participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) with applications accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS). The only programs that do not participate via the NRMP and ERAS are the Orthopaedic Surgery fellowship and Urology fellowship. Minimum requirements to apply are:
- Complete ERAS Application
- Medical school transcripts
- Dean’s letter (MPSE)
- Minimum 3 letters of recommendation
- USMLE or COMLEX results
- Ability to meet the Illinois Medical Licensure Requirements
Application deadlines and additional application information varies by specialty, review those requirements at the individual program website.
Each program has different guidelines for reviewing applications, interview notification process and what to expect during the interview day. This information is available on the individual program websites.
Prior to beginning training, applicants must also:
- Provide Passing Step 1 and Step 2 (both parts) USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Provide Passing Step 3 (for anyone entering at a PGY level 3 or higher)
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Provide Employment Authorization Documents