Recipe: Quinoa Fruit Salad
This recipe hits at the heart of the berries part of the MIND Diet while adding in quinoa, which provides beneficial nutrients like fiber, protein, minerals and more. This can be a snack or a meal, and is easy to prepare. And, this is a dish that will keep well in the refrigerator. Here's what we have in the delicious dish:
Quinoa fruit salad
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 cup grapes, halves
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, cubed
- 3 tbsp cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- Olive oil, drizzle
- Toss all ingredients. Spread in a shallow bowl and very lightly drizzle with olive oil before serving.
- Serves 4-6
- Feel free to substitute berries/fruit to desired amount, or if you don't have enough of an item.
- Adding greek yogurt can provide a good complement, as well as can be a good source of protein and calcium.
- Adding bran flakes or your favorite cereal can add a texture and flavor difference to the dish.
Recipe adapted from The Forest Feast Mediterranean