WEDNESDAYS BI-WEEKLY 12 - 1 PM | JUNE 1 THROUGH AUGUST 10, 2022
SIU Asthma ECHO aims to improve asthma management for patients by providing healthcare providers, administrators, and executives insights on reducing hospital admissions and readmissions for Asthma and creating a network of providers in the region working together to improve care for patients with Asthma.
Project ECHO® (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) is a movement to demonopolize knowledge and amplify the capacity to provide best-practice care for underserved people all over the world through three tenets:
- Multipoint video conferencing
- Best practices protocol
- Case-based learning
Goals of Asthma ECHO
- To master clinically essential topics that will enhance the practitioner’s ability to identify and establish a care plan for Asthma patients accurately and more effectively control asthma; and
- To better build professional healthcare teams that implement asthma strategies to reduce morbidity and mortality, address social determinants of health and improve linkage and coordination of care and environmental policies.
Asthma Curriculum Outline 2022
- June 1 - Reducing Hospitalizations and Healthcare Costs
- June 15 - Quality Improvement and Analyzing Claims
- June 29 - Asthma Management Strategies for Healthcare Teams - Reducing Morbidity and Mortality
- July 13 - Asthma Management Strategies for Healthcare Teams - Social Determinants of Health
- July 27- -Focused Update to Asthma Management
- Guidelines: Treating Children
- August 10 - Focused Update to Asthma Management Guidelines: Treating Patients 12 Years and Older
As a participant, you will receive 6 (1 hour) sessions at no cost to you or your organization. Each session will include a short didactic on a specific issue related to asthma, a presentation of a case from a participant, and a discussion and recommendations on the case.
ACCREDITATION: Southern Illinois University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Credit: The Southern IllinoisUniversity School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with their participation in the activity. SIU School of Medicine is preapproved as a continuing nursing education provider according to Section 1300.130, subsections), 1), B) and P) of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation Nurse Practice Act. Nurses may receive a maximum of 6.0 contact hours for completing this activity. SIU School of Medicine is licensed by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation as a provider of continuing education for social workers (license #159-000106) and clinical psychologists (license #268- 000008). This program offers a maximum of 6.0 CE hours.