Memory and Aging ECHO
ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) transforms the way rural, underserved communities learn and share knowledge, providing a virtual network for experts to mentor and share their medical expertise. The Memory and Aging ECHO is hosted by specialists from the Dale and Deborah Smith Center for Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment at SIU Medicine in Springfield, Il. The discussion will focus on key topics centering on memory and aging. Click here to register.
SIU School of Medicine Specialty TEAM
- Tom Ala, MD, Professor of Clinical Neurology
- Jennifer Arnold, MD, Assistant Professor, Neurology
- Mehul Trivedi, PhD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry
- Cindy Womack, DNP, FNP-BC, CNRN
- Ann Jirmasek, BS, MA, LPC, NCC, Clinical Gerontology Specialist
- Andrea Perkins, APRN, FNP-BC
- Earn up to 12 continuing education credits each year;
- Present your cases to a panel of memory and aging specialists;
- Learn and interact with experts from your phone, computer or tablet. No need to travel!
- Discuss timely topics, including decisional capacity, caregiver stress and frontotemporal dementia.
NOTE: All sessions are from noon to 1 p.m. Recorded portions of previous sessions only include the didactic and not case study portion.
|September 13, 2021||Decisional Capacity||Cindy Womack|
|October 18, 2021||Legal Planning||Melinda Hubele (Land of Lincoln Legal Aid)|
|November 8, 2021||Placement into Long-Term Care Facilities||Andrea Perkins|
|December 13, 2021||Technology Use in Dementia Care||Cindy Womack|
|January 10, 2022||Exercise and Dementia||Eve Fischberg, OTR/L|
|February 28, 2022||The Neuropsychological Effects of COVID-19||Mehul Trivedi|
|March 14, 2022||Sleep and Dementia||Jennifer Arnold|
|April 11, 2022||Consumer Fraud for Seniors and Dementia||Marcia Griffin (Attorney General's office)|
|May 9, 2022||Mild Cognitive Impairment||Mehul Trivedi|
|June 13, 2022||Caregiver Burden||Andrea Perkins|
|July 11, 2022||Music and Memory - REGISTER||Debbie Kuhns|
|August 8, 2022||TBD||TBD|
|September 12, 2022||Driving||Ann Jirmasek|
Questions? Contact Karen Fraase by email or call 217-545-2486. Once registered, you’ll receive a welcome packet from the SIU-IHA ECHO team. Clinicians are strongly encouraged to identify local behavioral health partners to participate in the SIU-IHA Memory and Aging ECHO with them.