How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our Diagnostic Radiology Residency training program at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Illinois. Our program is a 5-year categorical program that includes the preliminary year of medicine with the Internal Medicine Department at SIU-SOM.
2021 Virtual Interviews:
Due to the ongoing global pandemic, the SIU Radiology Residency program will conduct virtual interviews in 2021. You can expect to receive information about these interviews via email/ERAs with a schedule. A sample virtual interview day will look like this:
5-6 pm: Virtual meet and greet current residents (link will be provided)
8-8:30 a.m. Meet the Program Director
8:30 a.m.-9 a.m. Meet the Chief Resident
9 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Interview with Radiology Faculty
We utilize the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges (paper applications are not accepted). For more information on ERAS, please contact your Dean's office, ERAS, or if an international medical school graduate, contact the ECFMG.
Below is a list of materials that are required as part of your ERAS application:
- Completed ERAS application, including personal statement and photo
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter from medical school [available on November 1, applications will be considered complete pending Dean's letter]
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- If an international medical school graduate, your ECFMG transcript
Individual applications are reviewed once they are complete. Our application deadline is November 1.
Learn more about salary and other GME benefits here.